Schedule A Service Request
As a proud family-owned business serving Kitchener for over a decade, AMS Garage Doors understands the frustration and disruption caused by a broken garage door spring. We know you depend on reliable access to vehicles, equipment and storage in your garage. Don’t put up with sticking doors, uneven movements or grinding noises indicating spring problems. AMS Garage Doors has the skill, inventory and experience to expertly replace broken springs on any residential or commercial garage door in Kitchener.
Garage Door Repair
Our qualified technicians are fully trained on proper protocols to safely remove old torsion springs, extension springs and replace them with high quality components sized and calibrated specifically for your door. We take every precaution and use proper techniques to prevent injuries when working on springs. You can trust AMS Garage Doors for all your garage door installation, spring repair and replacement needs!
Common Spring Problems in Kitchener
Kitchener‘s variable seasonal climate contributes heavily to garage door springs wearing out prematurely. The extreme temperature swings between hot summers and freezing winters cause the tightly coiled metal to rapidly expand and contract, leading to fatigue, cracking and breakage over relatively short periods. As a garage door company in Canada, we can help with garage door parts, opener repair, broken spring repair, and much more.
Garage Door Opener
Considering a new garage door? Over our years of experience as a Canadian garage door repair service, we’ve helped countless clients fix garage door problems that would make for considerable savings. From residential garage door emergency repair to servicing garage door extension springs, some common issues in the garage door industry include:
- Rust and corrosion buildup on extension springs from road salt, ice and moisture exposure
- Torsion springs above the door snapping or cracking from metal fatigue over frequent open/close cycles
- Temperature fluctuations degrading the integrity and structure of the spring materials
- Lack of maintenance and lubrication accelerates wear and tear on springs
- Off-balance doors from broken cables overworking the springs
Noticing difficulty operating your door, uneven bouncing movements or loud grinding noises all point to broken springs that should be replaced immediately by our experts before further problems occur.
Garage Door Maintenance: Kitchener Spring Repair Process
Replacing worn or broken garage door springs requires proper tools, safety know-how and precise adjustment. Here is how AMS Garage Doors professionals expertly repair springs:
- Job Site Evaluation: We thoroughly assess your door to determine the specifications for replacement springs.
- Preparation: We take all safety precautions like blocking the door from potential hazardous falls.
- Spring Removal: We slowly detach the broken springs using winding bars to control safe decompression.
- Installation: We replace springs with new torsion or extension springs sized and calibrated for your specific door.
- Winding Bars & Adjustment: The new springs are tightened incrementally to achieve optimal counterbalance lift force.
- Safety Checks: Once installed, the door is tested repeatedly to ensure smooth, balanced operation.
- Lubrication & Maintenance: Moving parts are lubricated and adjusted to extend system lifespan.
Our expertise ensures your new springs are sized, calibrated and installed properly for safe functioning again.
Garage Door Spring Repair: Kitchener Can Rely on AMS!
For professional spring repair services in Kitchener, contact the experts at AMS Garage Doors today at (647) 923-1209 or [email protected]. Our experienced technicians are available 24/7 to resolve any garage door emergency quickly.
We have worked on all major brands and types of residential and commercial doors found throughout Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Ontario and surrounding regions. With industry-leading warranties and meticulous service, you gain peace of mind having your springs repaired by AMS Garage Doors.
Garage door services
Homeowners and business owners alike appreciate our quality workmanship, transparent pricing, expertise and depth of knowledge for garage door springs. We stand firmly behind our repairs.
Contact AMS Garage Doors today to schedule service for broken springs, opener issues, off-track doors and more. Let our 10+ years’ experience benefit you. Call now for a quote or to book appointments!