Many factors can affect the cost if you’re looking for a new garage door for your home. But if you know what to expect, it’s easier to budget and find the best deal on installation.
The garage door installation costs range from $200 to $2,100, depending on the type and size of the door you choose. The price of installation is made up of three factors:
- The cost of your garage door.
- The cost of materials needed for installation (including overhead doors, springs and rollers).
- Labour costs associated with installing your new garage door.
The first two components are fixed; however, labour costs are influenced by where you live because contractors in urban areas generally charge more than rural ones.
The Cost of Garage Door Installation
The cost of installing a new garage door depends on your location, size and material and whether you choose single or double doors. In some areas, you can get away with spending as little as $400 on installation—but in others, that may be more than what’s necessary to have one installed.
If you’re interested in installing a large overhead door that opens outwards to give access to your car port or driveway, expect to pay between $350 and $1,300 for labour alone.
The amount you pay for garage door installation will cover the following:
- Getting the door measured properly so that it will fit inside its frame correctly when it’s raised.
- Delivery of the door to your property.
- Installation of all hardware components.
- Any adjustments needed after installation is completed.
- Lubricating moving parts such as hinges.
- Testing that everything works properly before leaving your property.
- Cleaning up afterwards (removal of old materials).
Expect higher costs if other services are needed, such as cutting down trees outside where they would interfere with opening/closing motions from the above-ground level perspective (elevated ceilings). For all your garage door installation in Guelph, Milton, Waterloo, and Kitchener, contact our professionals today at 647-923-1209.